On this page:
Upcoming Transport Works
Works continue as part of Victoria’s Big Build in June, July and August, including:
- Major works on the Monash Freeway, Hume Freeway and M80 Ring Road as part of Major Road Projects Victoria, with road closures taking place throughout June, July and August.
- Continuing track and platform upgrades across Sunbury, Geelong and Ballarat lines as part of the Sunbury Line Upgrade and Metro Tunnel, with buses replacing trains in July.
- Level crossing removal works, with road closures and buses replacing trains on the Werribee Line in June, Ballarat, Geelong and Lilydale lines in July, Frankston Line in July/August and Williamstown Line from August to November.
- Upgrades to the Geelong and Warrnambool lines as part of the Regional Rail Revival program, with road closures and buses replacing trains in June.
Visit Victoria's Big Build for the full details on the disruptions, key locations and dates and how your travel route may be affected.
At the same time, works continue across Victoria's train, tram and roads infrastructure to keep the network running smoothly now and into the future, including:
- Major tram track renewal and platform upgrade works with road closures and buses replacing trams on Toorak Road in June and St Kilda Road in June/July.
- Maintenance works on Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines, with coaches replacing trains in June/July.
Visit PTV for more information about the dates and locations of the disruptions and journey planning tools.
Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to and from an event.
Melbourne & Olympic Parks is a 10 minute walk from the CBD, via Birrarung Marr and the Tanderrum Bridge.
Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right to the door of the precinct.
Train stations within easy walking distance:
- Flinders Street (from here you can walk via the Tanderrum Bridge)
Trams which stop very close to the precinct:
- Tram 70 (Wattle Park) from Flinders Street and Richmond Stations. These stop at Rod Laver Arena (Stop 7B), John Cain Arena (Stop 7C) and AAMI Park (Stop 7D).
- Tram 48 (North Balwyn) and Tram 75 (Vermont South) stops adjacent to MCG on Wellington Parade.
Bus routes which stop within easy walking distance:
- Bus 246 (Latrobe Uni – Elsternwick Station) stops at corner of Olympic Boulevard and Punt Road.
For private bus bookings, click here.
Ride Share Services
The pick-up and drop off point for ride share services, such as Uber, is out the front of John Cain Arena on Olympic Boulevard.
We encourage guests not to order their ride share service until they have reached the pick-up point to avoid causing congestion along Olympic Boulevard.
On event days, there’s a taxi rank available next to The Oval on Olympic Boulevard. This is close to all venues and a safe and efficient way to hail a taxi.
Melbourne Water Taxis
Melbourne Water Taxis operate on the Yarra River seven days per week.
Water taxis deliver guests to a docking platform opposite Rod Laver Arena. They can accommodate parties of up to 12 people and need to be pre-booked.
For more information, or to make a booking, please contact Melbourne Water Taxis on 0416 068 655.
Melbourne River Cruises
Melbourne River Cruises can provide you with ultimate experience for groups up to 150 people when attending events at Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
For more information, please contact Melbourne River Cruises: