Entry to the Arenas is subject to the following conditions:
1. Prohibited Items
The following items are not permitted in the Arena:
- Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
- Firearms and explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Laser lights
- Aerosol Cans of Sunscreen
- Animals (other than Assistance Dogs)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Professional cameras (some events prohibit the use of all cameras, or flash photography)
- Audio recording devices or video cameras
- Camera Tripods
- Chairs/ Stools
- Glass (including bottles) or cans and opened drink containers (Note: at some events all bottles may be prohibited)
- Plastic water bottles cannot exceed 600ml in size
- Large flags/banners with handles exceeding 1.0m
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Musical instruments
- Prams, pushers, and strollers
- Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
- Any other item that in the opinion of MOPT management could cause harm or public nuisance
The Arena is licensed and as such, the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Arena.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/ evicted from the Arena.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas,
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Auditorium at some events.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
- Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the Arena and the persons being reported to the Police (penalties apply under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998).
- Smoking is not permitted within the Arena.
- Tickets must be retained at all times.
- Any tickets that are damaged, defaced or have been purchased from an unauthorised agent will not permit the holder to be admitted to the Arena.
- Patrons must occupy the seats specified on their ticket.
- Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket for an event must be able to provide valid proof of concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry into the Arena or when requested.
5. Restrictions on Entry
MOPT management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person;
- Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Arena at any time.
6. Ejection from Arena
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from the Arena where that person:
- Uses foul or abusive language or makes racial or threatening remarks or gestures;
- Is deemed by Arena management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour;
- Enters the Arena or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation; or
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from Arena staff.
- No ticket refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the Arena. It is an offence for a person to re-enter the Arena for a period of 24 hours after being ejected from the Arena.
7. Other Conditions of Entry
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the Arena
- By entering the Arena patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event.
- Patrons are advised that the Arena is fitted with electronic surveillance and patrons may be filmed in any area of the Arena.
- Pass outs will be issued at the discretion of the Arena hirer or Arena management.
- Patrons enter the Arena at their own risk. Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (the Trust) has no liability whatsoever for any damaged, lost or stolen property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the matters set out above, the Trust may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Arena.
These conditions may vary between events.