Patrons must comply with all laws, regulations, directions and rules issued by government or any government authority or by Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) while in Margaret Court Arena or on surrounding M&OP property.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 entry to the Arena is subject to the following Conditions of Entry:
COVID-19 Specific Conditions
Patrons must comply with all laws, regulations, directions and rules issued by government or any government authority or by M&OP related to preventing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This may include, without limitation; patrons being required to submit to temperature checks prior to entry, providing contact details, wearing masks, using sanitiser and adhering to physical distancing measures.
Any patron who fails to comply with any such rules or directions may be refused entry to the Arena or ejected from the Arena.
In addition, any person who is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 may be refused entry to the Arena or may be ejected from the Arena in order to protect other patrons and Arena staff.
All items will be visually inspected by our staff on entry.
The following items are not permitted in the Arena:
- Illegal substances, including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices, including flares, fireworks and smoke bombs
- Firearms and explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Laser lights
- Aerosol cans of sunscreen
- Animals (other than assistance dogs)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Professional cameras including; DSLR, mirrorless or any cameras with a detachable lens (some events may prohibit the use of all cameras, or flash photography)
- Audio recording devices or video cameras
- Large electronic devices, including laptops and iPads
- Camera tripods
- Glass (including bottles) or cans, metal or hard plastic containers, including metal water bottles (some events may prohibit all bottles)
- Plastic bottles over 600ml in size
- Posters, banners or flags larger than 1m in width or height, including any handles
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Musical instruments
- Prams, pushers, and strollers (pram cloaking may be offered for children and family events)
- Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
- Any other item that in the opinion of MOPT management, could cause harm or public nuisance
Margaret Court Arena no longer offers cloaking so any prohibited items will need to be disposed of or returned to your vehicle prior to entry.
Backpacks of any size or type are no longer permitted at M&OP venues. All other bags must be A4 in size or smaller. This applies to handbags that can be worn as a backpack.
Please refer to your event page for any changed bag conditions.
The Arena is licensed and as such, the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Arena.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/ evicted from the Arena.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas.
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Auditorium at some events.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
- Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the Arena and the persons being reported to the Police (penalties apply under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998).
Margaret Court Arena is now a smoke-free venue. Smoking is not permitted inside the venue or on the external concourses.
Tickets, mobile or hard-copy, must be retained at all times.
Any tickets that are damaged, defaced or have been purchased from an unauthorised ticketing agent will not permit the holder to be admitted to the Arena.
Patrons must only occupy the seats specified on their ticket.
Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket for an event must be able to provide valid proof of concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry into the Arena or when requested.
Restrictions on Entry
M&OP management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person;
- Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Arena at any time.
Ejection from Arena
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from the Arena where that person:
- Uses foul or abusive language or makes racial or threatening remarks or gestures;
- Is deemed by Arena management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour;
- Enters the Arena or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation; or
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from Arena staff.
- No ticket refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the Arena. It is an offence for a person to re-enter the Arena for a period of 24 hours after being ejected from the Arena.
Other Conditions of Entry
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the Arena
- By entering the Arena patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event.
- Patrons are advised that the Arena is fitted with electronic surveillance and patrons may be filmed in any area of the Arena.
- Patrons enter the Arena at their own risk. Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (the Trust) has no liability whatsoever for any damaged, lost or stolen property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the matters set out above, the Trust may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Arena
- Pass Outs are no longer available at Margaret Court Arena.
General Admission Floor Patron Specific Conditions
M&OP is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons.
Our staff are here to provide assistance and to enhance your opportunity to have a positive experience.
Dancing in the General Admission area may subject patrons to high temperatures and strenuous physical contact and is done at your own risk.
Patrons are advised to take note of the following guidelines prior to accessing the General Admission area.
- Keep hydrated.
- Take breaks during the evening – go outside or move to the back of the floor to re-hydrate and cool down.
- Keep an eye on other patrons and assist them where possible.
- If you require assistance raise your arm and/or speak to a staff member in a yellow shirt.
- First Aid assistance is available on the GA floor. Speak to a staff member in a yellow shirt for assistance if required.
- Moshing and crowd surfing is prohibited. Patrons undertaking these activities may be asked to leave the venue.
- The following items should not be taken into the General Admission area for your safety: studded belts and bracelets, large earrings and bags.